Cowichan Valley Railway No. 22

Technical Data:

  • Designation: 4-wheel, Model DLC6
  • Weight: 8 tons.
  • Built: 1928, as c/n 3048.
  • Powered by: Climax “Trustworthy” 90 horsepower gasoline engine.
  • Gauge: narrow (36 inches).


History:

  • Purchased new by Bishop Buckingham for use in Quebec. Sold in 1929 to the BC Cement Company as No.4 worked the Bamberton Cement Plant until 1938 and then at Blubber Bay on Texada Island before being sold it to Capital Iron in 1953. Capital Iron used it at its Victoria harbour salvage yard until 1957, when it was sold to Gerry Wellburn, becoming G&WR No.21 and later CVR No.22.
  • No longer operational, it had been coupled to a water tanker and kept on standby for fire fighting purposes.