The BCFDC is currently offering and opportunity to sponsor a tree in our Heritage Orchard!
The Centre is endeavoring to revitalize the original Windeyer Heritage Orchard that was planted more than 100 years ago on our property and is home to a larger variety of rare heritage apple trees. The orchard has been in disrepair for many years but now it’s time to bring this valuable agricultural gem back to its original beauty and productivity.
Local schools will be invited to take part in this brand new, hands on educational program. We are offering students the opportunity to participate in our Adopt-A-Tree program and watch their tree as it blossoms and produces fruit (30% of the orchard will be set aside for schools). As well the reintroduction of mason bees and the creation of a bee garden will form an integral part of the pollination process and complete the ecosystem cycle.
How can you help?
For a modest investment of $1000, you will receive:
- A brass plaque identifying your tree and your sponsorship in perpetuity
- A picture of your tree suitable for framing with your family photographs
- Official BC Forest Discovery Centre adoption papers to display in your office or home
- A personalized greeting card from your tree on the first anniversary of the adoption
- A small Christmas present from your tree on its first Christmas
- A fully transferable, unlimited usage Corporate Membership to the Centre ($270 value) valid for one year
- Pride in the fact that you have help revitalize an important part of the Cowichan Valley Community!
Any individual, small business, or corporation is welcome to become part of the program!
Call General Manager Chris Gale at 250-715-1113 ex. 24 or email email@example.com anytime with any questions or to set-up an appointment to pick out your tree!
Please watch for our upcoming Pollinator Bee Garden Project, partially funded by: